Digestive Enzymes and the digestion of food.
The digestion of foods is a very complex process and can start even before we start eating.
The mere sight or odour of food can trigger enzymatic activity, in anticipation of food.
Foods are composed of different ‘elements’ i.e. proteins, carbohydrates and fats, not mentioning the vitamins & minerals found in the foods.
These require different enzymes to break them down into their separate constituent parts.
Once digested, the body can then absorb these nutrients and transport them around the body, via the bloodstream, to the various organs and cells.
This is a very simplified explanation of the digestive process and should work according to plan.
However, use of medication, modern diets, ill health, stress or sustained poor food choices don’t always help and digestion can be a tricky prospect at times and our gut may need a little help in the work it has to do.
Some foods, especially Fats & Proteins such as cheese, eggs, red meats & beans can be hard to digest at the best of times.
- DIGESTIVEaid provides a broad spectrum range of plant derived digestive enzymes to help maintain digestive function & the intestinal system
- This latest formula now contains culinary herbs well known in their food digestion actions
- Ginger and Peppermint help to soothe the gut lining
- Loose bowels
|Ingredients per||1 Capsule|
|Betain HCL||100 mg|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||30 mg|
|Caraway Seed||10 mg|
|Fennel Seed||10 mg|
|Ginger Root||10 mg|
- Suggested Use:Size 00 vegetable cellulose capsule
- Contains NO: Gluten, Wheat, Lactose, added Sugar, Artificial Colourings or Yeast
- Suitable for vegetarians
Take 1 – 3 digestive enzyme capsules before each main meal.
If taken alone, start off on a higher dosage of 2 to 3 capsules before Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Meal for 3 to 4 weeks. Thereafter, reduce dosage to 1 or 2 caps taken 2 to 3 times per day or as required.
Best results are achieved when …
- it is combined with other Digestive & Intestinal products
- it is taken continuously for 2 to 3 months, together with improved eating habits.