Deep Colon Massage
Abdominal-Sacral Massage brings together many healing techniques to address common complaints such as lower back pain, bloating, constipation, painful/irregular periods, ovulation problems and cystitis, to name a few.
It works by bringing the organs within the abdominal area back into alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments. This in turn will improve blood, nerve and lymph flow.
Abdominal tension can be caused by a number of key factors such as stress, depression, anxiety, poor diet, poor posture and of course emotional trauma. Which can lead to a very disrupted digestive system.
Abdominal massage is a superb way to detox, which makes this the ideal way to help many different clients suffering from digestive problems. The best part is that an abdominal massage is an inexpensive / non-invasive but very effective treatment.
The colon (large intestine) is a large and very important part of the digestive system. When the colon becomes congested, it is unable to do its job efficiently. This can lead to a number of problems from bloating to fatigue, moodiness to poor skin condition and of course constipation. This massage aims to restore the whole digestive system to a balanced state by relaxing muscles involved and getting them working properly.
The more common complaints addressed by this technique include:
- Relief from constipation.
- Release of trapped gas (bloating).
- Relief from abdominal fluid retention.
- Improves detoxification of the body.
- Improves digestive health.
- Aids weight loss.
- Relief from symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and “nervous” tummy.
- Improves function of deep organs.
- Aids the motion of digestion.
- Improves lymphatic flow around the abdomen.
- Potential weight loss of holding excess waste.
A correctly performed abdominal massage can increase the efficiency of all surrounding organs and release the inner emotions carried in the core. When performing a stomach massage on either an infant or an adult, the pelvic region and genitals are not considered part of the stomach massage.
The deep colon massage helps to loosen harden debris and encourages a natural movement and more subtle techniques help to open up the abdominal area, releasing trapped emotional waste. The treatment encourages hormonal balance, helps to clear congestion, scar tissue and adhesions.
The Colon massage will also be included in the fertility massage to help reduce inflammation so is ideal as part of your pre-conception plan.
This massage will certainly leave you feeling great!
This treatment is not suitable when:
- Three days prior and during menstruation.
- If you have a coil fitted – IUD.
- During Pregnancy and six weeks after birth -signed release form from midwife.
- Recent surgery within 3 months or abdominal surgery within 8 months-a signed release form will be required from your GP/Surgeon.
- Any active infections/increase in temperature.
- When taking analgesics – painkillers.
- Cancer in the pelvic region.
- Severe abdominal pain, abdominal hernia.